Skip to content

Travel Consents

Do you need a travel consent to arrange for a minor to fly or visit a foreign country without an adult accompanying them?

A notarised letter of consent is a legal document that permits an adult to travel with a minor who isn’t their child. This requirement applies when the child travels without their parents or legal guardians, particularly for international journeys.

Immigration authorities in most countries require proof that all adults traveling with minors have permission from the children’s parents or guardians. This policy helps prevent child trafficking and abduction cases across borders.

A travel consent form which has been notarised authenticates your ID and the circumstances, and mitigates any issues when travelling outside the UK.

passenger leaving plane