Skip to content

Marrying Abroad

In England and Wales there is no central register that confirms that a couple is still married. The Marriage Certificate only confirms that at a given date a couple married and it is therefore quite possible that post the wedding day the couple may have divorced.

Therefore when marrying abroad it is quite common to require the marrying couple to either make a relevant declaration in front of a notary public or perhaps obtain a notarised Certificate of Non Impediment.

Please do get in touch with any enquiries about my Notary Public services using the details below:


Tel: +44(0)7551 191398

wedding couple on jetty